We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety.
As you have experienced, infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You'll be asked those same questions again when you arrive for your appointment.
- You must wear a mask to enter our office.
- We will take your temperature every visit.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter our office. You will see that our reception area will no longer be offering magazines, pamphlets, etc since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be staggered to allow for physical distancing between patients. That may mean you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointments.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to avoid paths crossing between patients.
- Only patients with an appointment will be allowed in the office.
- At the end of your appointment, you will exit at the back of the office to avoid any exposure to the next incoming patient.
Due to the mandated shutdown, we are working very hard to reschedule everyone who are now overdue for their appointment. If we have missed you, please do not hesitate to call us at 410-643-6608. We will do everything possible to get you an appointment.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. We miss you and look forward to seeing your smiles again soon!
Your dental team,
Dr. Honick, Jennie, Cassie, Vera, Jennifer, and Rebekah